Assistant Construction Manager
They have a unique approach towards the construction/renovation of high end luxury multi-family projects.
They have communities in ten states and expanding rapidly. We do whatever it takes to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
They have recently been recognized as a National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) Top 50 Company in 2016 and one of Atlanta' s " 2016 Top Midsize Workplaces."
The Assistant Construction Manager will handle the day-to-day on specific projects related to renovations or new construction. The Assistant Construction Manager will work closely with the Construction Manager throughout the construction/renovation life of the project. The Assistant Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring all daily construction related issues are being addressed and is responsible for ensuring smooth transitions between sub-contractors working on-site. The Assistant Construction Manager plays an important role in producing quality deliverables, on-time and within budget.
- Assist the Construction Manager in the design process from schematic drawings to 100% construction drawings, assembly of specification sheets, interaction with design, construction, management and stakeholders, and production of scope/price documents
- Familiar with the procurement of construction services, contract award & buy-out, authoring of RFI s, AIA industry-standard documents and exhibits and ability to produce contract documents.
- Contract Administration Ability to process contractor pay applications, evaluate and process change orders, analyze and maintain tracking sheets and records, perform inspection walks with bank inspectors, inspect and approve work in place, document stored materials and monitor punch/warranty work.
- Management, coordination, and inspection of contractor work while project is in progress and be able to contribute feedback that might make work safer, cheaper, cleaner, lower impact or any other way improve the operational success of the projects
- Maintain project management logs (RFIs, changes, submittals, construction documents, FF&E, close-out)
- Familiarity with accepted buildings practices, materials and techniques, knowledge of common and general code requirements, ADA requirements, mechanical systems and components, permitting processes and requirements, market pricing and lien waivers.
- Assist Construction Manager with controlling and monitoring project budget & schedule
- Assist Construction Manager with pricing exercises, generation of take-offs and quantities for work, administration of individual/special projects, interaction and communication with organizational stakeholders (Directors of Investments, Directors of Operations, Community Managers, Maintenance Managers, Architects, Design staff, Accounting Staff)
- Ability to assist Construction Manager on due diligence walks assess property conditions, estimate repair and construction costs, mark-up site plans with work locations, creation of DD reports and projected budgets, assessment of landscape and drainage conditions, taking and publishing photos of work examples and written summaries of overall property attributes
- Understanding of building science concepts related to energy efficiency, building envelope sealing, mechanical systems, insulation, window and siding, measurement and reporting of unit energy audits, compilation of applications and documentation necessary to apply for rebates, ability to work with third-party testers, processors and utility personnel, ability to track rebate totals and evaluation of future projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of renovation/construction
- Understanding of legal contracts, AIA documents and other related construction draw forms
- Ability to communicate with all levels of Associates
- Understanding of the due diligence process and associated deliverables
- Computer skills to allow for creation of spreadsheets
- Expertise in Timberline
- Understanding and management of bid process
- Analytical and costing skills
- Minimum of 3 years of real estate experience required
- Experience in the construction field in either new construction, renovation and rehab, development, commercial preferably in the multifamily or hotel construction/renovation sector
- Bachelor s degree preferably in construction management, construction/building science, engineering, business management or architecture and design
- MS Word, MS Excel, Interpersonal Skills, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, Professional demeanor and comportment
- $65, 000-$85, 000 base salary DOE plus bonus
- Full Benefits
- 401K program with company match
- Cell Phone & Laptop provided
- Opportunities for advancement based on performance