Business Systems Analyst
Olive Branch, MS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Responsibilities include the support of the department manager in research, analysis, development, documentation, testing, and implementation of software operating or application systems and associated processes.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions and operations; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Improves existing systems by studying current practices; designing and implementing modifications where needed.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Writes compete and accurate documentation for procedures. Includes information for software users and IT maintenance personnel.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Troubleshoots and debugs existing systems / processes.
- Applies principles of computer science, engineering, and mathematics, and software engineering knowledge to develop operations or application systems.
- Follows established company policies and procedures in all phases of software development
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Training, Experience, Skills)
The successful candidate would possess the following skills: College education with applicable degree. 2-4 years of related experience to include software research, application and knowledge of vertical turbine pumps and/or manufacturing background considered a plus. Should have pump knowledge with industry specific experience, excellent people/communications skills, excellent computer skills to include knowledge of Syteline and organizational skills. Proven experience in project management, reporting writing and be organized and detail oriented.
- Keeps informed of new software developments and applications.
- Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Provide development and support for key reporting platforms including Sales, Analysis Services, Report Manager and Inventory & Warehouse Data
- Supports the department supervisor with the design efforts and implementation of new reporting solutions to improve Executive Team and Financial Planning team ability to optimize performance
- Maintain databases and provide reports and queries to support Executive Team and Departmental Directors
- Support key initiatives such as product acquisitions, price increases, customer retention, and process/procedure compliance by preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information/trends
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.