Construction Manager - Multi-Family
Would enjoy getting in on the ground floor of a high growth company (300% year over year)? They continue to expand into new markets each day and they foster career growth by hiring the best of the best in the industry.
They have a unique approach towards the construction/renovation of high end luxury multi-family projects.
They have communities in ten states and expanding rapidly. We do whatever it takes to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
They have recently been recognized as a National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) Top 50 Company in 2016 and one of Atlanta' s " 2016 Top Midsize Workplaces."
The Construction Manager will oversee and be responsible for all construction activities related to new construction, renovations and various capex projects. The Construction Manager will work closely with the development and investment team throughout the construction/renovation life of a project. The Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring quality deliverables, on-time and within budget. In addition, the Construction Manager will bring to the table the latest in cost-saving applications and green initiatives.
- Manage the design process from schematic drawings to 100% construction drawings, specification sheets, interact with design, construction, management and stakeholders, and produce scope/price documents
- Manage, coordinate, and inspect contractor work while project is in progress and be able to contribute feedback that might make work safer, cheaper, cleaner, lower impact or any other way improve the operational success of the projects
- Regularly conduct & lead construction meetings, prepare & distribute meeting minutes, track change order requests, track problem issues and react to feedback from Property Management personnel, prepare reports on project details and communicate overall project goals and details to senior asset/investment/construction managers
- Familiarity with accepted buildings practices, materials and techniques, knowledge of common and general code requirements, ADA requirements, mechanical systems and components, permitting processes and requirements, market pricing and lien waivers.
- Regularly communicate and interact with Directors of Investments, Directors of Operations and Community Managers to keep them informed on progress with all construction projects.
- Understand building science concepts related to energy efficiency, building envelope sealing, mechanical systems, insulation, window and siding, measurement and reporting of unit energy audits, compilation of applications and documentation necessary to apply for rebates, ability to work with third-party testers, processors and utility personnel, ability to track rebate totals and evaluation of future projects.
- Desired Skills and ExperienceMinimum of 5 years of experience in the construction field in either new construction, renovation and rehab, development, commercial preferably in the multifamily or hotel construction/renovation sector
- Bachelor s degree preferred
- Compensation & Benefits:$100, 000-$130, 000 base salary DOE plus bonus
- Full Benefits
- 401K program with company match
- Cell Phone & Laptop provided
- Opportunities for advancement based on performance