Construction Project Manager - Multifamily
They have a unique approach towards the construction/renovation of high-end luxury multi-family projects.
They have communities in ten states and expanding rapidly. They do whatever it takes to make sure their communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
They have recently been recognized as a National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) Top 50 Company in 2016 and one of the areas " 2016 Top Midsize Workplaces."
The Commercial Construction Project Manager (PM) will handle the day-to-day on specific projects related to renovations or new construction. The PM will be responsible for ensuring all daily construction related issues are being addressed and is responsible for ensuring smooth transitions between sub-contractors working on-site. The PM plays an important role in producing quality deliverables, on-time and within budget
- Familiar with the procurement of construction services, contract award & buy-out, authoring of RFI s, AIA industry-standard documents and exhibits and ability to produce contract documents.
- Contract Administration Ability to process contractor pay applications, evaluate and process change orders, analyze and maintain tracking sheets and records, perform inspection walks with bank inspectors, inspect and approve work in place, document stored materials and monitor punch/warranty work.
- Management, coordination, and inspection of contractor work while project is in progress and be able to contribute feedback that might make work safer, cheaper, cleaner, lower impact or any other way improve the operational success of the projects
- Regularly conduct construction meetings, prepare & distribute meeting minutes, track change order requests, track problem issues and react to feedback from Property Management personnel, prepare reports on project details and communicate overall project goals and details to senior asset/investment/construction managers
- Maintain project management logs (RFIs, changes, submittals, construction documents, FF&E, close-out)
- Familiarity with accepted buildings practices, materials and techniques, knowledge of common and general code requirements, ADA requirements, mechanical systems and components, permitting processes and requirements, market pricing and lien waivers.
- Assist Construction Manager with controlling and monitoring project budget & schedule
- Assist Construction Manager with pricing exercises, generation of take-offs and quantities for work, administration of individual/special projects, interaction and communication with organizational stakeholders (Investment/Asset Managers, Senior Managers, Property Managers, Maintenance Managers, Architects, Design staff, Accounting Staff)
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of renovation/construction
- Understanding of legal contracts, AIA documents and other related construction draw forms
- Ability to communicate with all levels of Associates & Management
- Understanding of the due diligence process and associated deliverables
- Computer skills to allow for creation of spreadsheets
- Familiar with in Timberline, Microsoft Project, or other Gantt means scheduling software
- Understanding and management of bid process
- Analytical and costing skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Four-year college degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a related field preferred
- 3 + years of Multifamily experience. Depending on the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- MS Word, MS Excel, Interpersonal Skills, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, Professional demeanor and comportment
Compensation & Benefits:
- $70, 000-$100, 000 base salary DOE plus uncapped bonus targeted at 15%
- Full Benefits
- 401K program with company match
- Opportunities for advancement based on performance
If you are seeking a rewarding long-term career, don' t hesitate and apply today for immediate consideration.