Credit & Collections rep - $65K 1st Yr
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Our client is a World leader with an excellent long term Opportunity in their Financial Deoartment. If you are interested in building a stable career, please read more about this exciting career in a fast paced Industry.
Conduct credit analysis for both new and existing customers. Approve or deny the extension of credit according to pre-established guidelines of Client Collect past due payments while exhibiting professional and effective communication skills for optimal outcome. Should possess the ability to swiftly obtain and analyze complex financial data with complete accuracy from multiple available sources.
Principle Duties and Tasks:
- Researching and examining credit risks by assessing credit history and performing updated credit checks on active accounts.
- Releasing orders that meet approved credit terms.
- Approving or disapproving the extension of credit on new accounts.
- Review invoicing, purchase orders and other documentation to resolve billing disputes and ensure prompt collection.
- Collection Calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced, goal oriented department.
- Reduce and maintain a low percentage of past due collection amount primarily by telephone or email.
- Reduce and maintain a low percentage of pending due to customer cash receipts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Work with collection agencies and legal counsels, as necessary, to reconcile delinquent accounts.
- Respond to inquiries from other departments as well as customers.
- Maintain and update relevant records, files, and information to the database.
- Proactively inform sales members of problem orders and accounts, enlist their efforts, when necessary, to accelerate the collection process.
- Proactively identify areas to improve credit operation efficiency and initiate projects to achieve such improvements.
- Proactively determine proper escalation procedure for delinquent accounts.
- Understand and observe company / department policies and procedures.
- Other duties or projects, as assigned.
- An Associate' s or Bachelor s degree (preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting) - required
- 1 - 4 years of experience in credit & collections - entry level
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Knowledge of Windows-based applications
- Proficient business writing and oral communication skill
- Ability to establish and maintain pleasant yet forceful interpersonal relationships
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and organize daily workload
- Proactive handling of dispute resolution
- Commitment to excellent customer service