San Jose, California
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This position is responsible for managing the activities of employees in the electrical department engaged in installation/repair of temporary power poles, maintenance and repair of electrical power lines and generators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for all aspects of the temporary power P&L for the region.
- Work with the sales team to attain revenue goals, perform job walks, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage all expenses to stay within budget and achieve budgeted EBITDA goals.
- Coordinates work activity for Auger Drivers, Electrical Line Technicians, Dispatchers, and Yard Associates; participates in the work as needed. Oversees the electrical yard.
- Estimates the time and material costs required for projected electrical jobs; keeps cost and job records and submits reports; initiates requisitions for supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Conducts periodic inspections and gives on-site supervision over hazardous or unusual work assignments; assures availability of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Trains and instructs Electrical department employees on detailed procedures.
- Performs the counseling/coaching and recruiting/staffing process.
- Recruits and trains personnel in the safe operation of equipment and tools.
- Conducts safety tailgates meetings/maintains training records and helps to enforce safety regulations, rules, and working conditions.
- Follows all established safety rules & regulations.
- Employee may be asked to work weekends and after hour shifts, i.E., special events/emergency, based on operational necessity.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- This position will supervise all employees in the electrical department.