Entry Level Technical Sales Trainee - $80K 1st Yr Earnings
Our client is a well-known internationally based company that does over $3.7 billion in sales annually. They are a leading supplier of sensors and measuring instruments for the manufacturing industry.
The Technical Sales Associate Program is the premier opportunity to learn consultative, solution-based sales. Sales professionals work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, while three days a week they visit manufacturers in a sales territory so that they can consult face-to-face on solving customers critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications.
Career Growth Opportunities
- The Sales Associate Program is your opportunity to gain the training necessary to become an entry-level, direct sales professional.
- Sales Associates enter a program consisting of classroom training, on-the-job learning, and mentorship.
- The training period typically lasts 4 to 8 months (paid)
- While our company products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on our products, solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations.
- Contingent upon successful completion of the program you will be promoted to Sales Executive responsible for your own sales territory.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend product and application training at the company Career Development Institute in the Mid West for 3 -10 weeks of paid training.
- Develop a thorough understanding of company products and applications through 4 to 8 months of classes, seminars, and on-the-job training.
- Work with experienced salespeople to develop sales skills through real life examples and role-plays.
- Satisfactorily complete mentorship program providing sales training and an overview of company s culture of success.
- Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using company s products.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to company s expectations and the challenges customers present you.
- Travel to customer locations three days a week and work successfully in a wide variety of manufacturing environments.
- $58, 000 base salary + commission/bonuses. First year average earnings of $80, 000+
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Mileage and travel reimbursements
- Paid training program
Requirements and Qualifications
- Four-year college degree.
- Interest and aptitude to master company s highly technical products.
- Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to company s success.
- Desire to better yourself through our intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and sales process policies.