IC Business Dev Sales Engineer - San Diego
San Diego, California
1) Play a key role in driving new business opportunities at top tier IC ecosystem partner(s). This position is effectively a technical account manager role.
2) Working together with local product marketing, gain a deep/comprehensive understanding of the IC partner s requirements and provide guidance to internal product development teams to develop products/technologies best suited to achieve design approvals in IC reference designs, Eval/Demo board BOMs, and customer specific designs.
3) In collaboration with IC partner, identify new emerging opportunities across various industry segments (Mobile, Compute, Automotive, IOT, etc) and applications (Power, RF Front End, Wireless Charging, Audio, Batteries, 5G mm-wave etc).
4) Help identify gaps in product/technology portfolio (in the context of customer requirements as well competitive landscape), and assist the business unit with portfolio planning, roadmap definition, and competitive analysis
5) Explore, define and negotiate new business models with IC partner, as needed. Drive pricing strategy in coordination with HQ and local marketing.
6) Work with regional sales & marketing to provide global coordination for end-customer (OEM) design-in activity which utilize the IC partner s chipset(s)
7) Establish and maintain important working and executive level relationships at the IC partner in order to foster deeper collaboration and information exchange. Coordinate account related meetings and conference calls including business alignment discussions, technical workshops, and management meetings as needed.
8) Stay abreast of latest technology trends, IC partner/market developments, industry M&A etc. And provide relevant/timely/strategic feedback and recommendations to HQ management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Functions Statement(s) Company Mission and Strategy. Assist in developing, revising or clarifying corporate-wide mission, direction and strategy. Includes preparation for and attendance at strategy meetings. Also includes follow through activities Indirect Supervision. Verify, plan and direct the work of people who do not report directly to you but who provide support to the objectives of your department. This includes staff and dotted-line functional responsibility for areas outside your authority. Also includes supervision of outside contractors/vendors Strategy Planning. Plan and implement marketing strategies Contract Negotiations. Assist in negotiation of new contracts with customers Customer Relationships. Maintain customer relationships by interfacing with customer staff (engineering, purchasing, etc.) on a regional basis New Market Development. Research new business opportunities in emerging markets
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s) Managing Customer Relationships - Identifying, understanding and giving priority to meeting the needs of the customer. Overseeing and developing interaction with the customer for your staff and yourself. Anticipating, meeting and exceeding customer expectation. Managing Internal Relationships/Communication - Overseeing and developing job-enhancing networks with key personnel across the organization. Identifying, understanding and cooperating with company personnel necessary to accomplish and exceed assigned KPI. Communication Oral & Written - Written communication skills looks at the extent to which an individual writes concise, clear letters, reports, articles, or e-mails, including proofing and editing. Oral Communication skills looks at the extent to which an individual communicates with economy and clarity, actively engaging in conversations in order to clearly understand others' message and intent, and receives and processes feedback. Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all internal and external parties. Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved. Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly. Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information. SKILLS & ABILITIES Education: Bachelor' s Degree (four year college/university) Required, field of study: Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
Master s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred but not mandatory. Experience: 7+ years of experience in product development and/or product marketing and/or field application engineering in semiconductor industry or mobile device industry IND123