Des Moines, Iowa
Maintenance Tech Position Summary:
Perform a variety of maintenance work to maintain structures, machine repair, electrical systems, heating systems, plumbing, hydraulics and pneumatics.
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
- Maintain a safety first attitude at all times. Maintain safe working habits by following established OSHA and company safety practices and policies (IE: LOTO, GMP, ARC Flash, Proper PPE practices, Housekeeping).
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic principals.
- Diagnose and repair machinery related to manufacturing including but not limited to: injection/compression molding machines, stamping presses, auxiliary equipment, robots, and fabrication and assembly machines.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Ability to install and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers/robots.
- Work directly with outside vendors to order spare parts and needed supplies.
- Perform and/or assist with weekly/monthly/annual preventative maintenance tasks.
- Bend, cut and thread pipe. Seal pipe joints with sealing compound. Install conduit and pull wires.
- Repair air leaks on equipment.
- Support all building/facility requirements as directed by supervisor.
- Perform and/or assist with weekly/monthly/annual EHS inspections.
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance-related experience and/or training.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical controls, fabrication, and excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a High School diploma or general education degree (GED)