Network Administrator II
To assist in maintenance, administration, and expansion of voice/data/video LAN/WAN from the PC level up. Responsible for IT related work for customer projects. Will travel as needed to customer sites to perform onsite technology related work from network design through implementation and training as needed. Will develop standards for customer projects. Will be tasked with IT tasks and projects when not working on customer based projects, however the primary responsibility will be to perform customer-related IT work.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, upgrade, troubleshoot, and maintain network hardware, firmware, and software including but not limited to firewalls, routers, switches, servers, and wireless networks
- Provide technical support to employees and customers as assigned
- Develop high-level expertise in various system hardware and software as assigned
- Troubleshoot and resolve network hardware, software and security issues
- Implement and maintain third party applications and systems for the company.
- Work with managers and users to identify and define system bugs and needed enhancements and to evaluate impact on other systems as well as project feasibility
- Provide training for personnel and customers on hardware and software
- Monitor compliance with all system procedures, policies, and applicable laws
- Document warranty, downtime, and maintenance notes in a systematic manner
- Carry out responsibilities in a manner to promote good public relations
- Maintain confidentiality of all business-related information
- Maintain proper and professional relationship with employees
- Perform database maintenance and manipulation as needed for special projects, database repair, customer data conversions, etc.
- Responsible for network maintenance and troubleshooting from end-user support to core networking components
- Maintain and audit company library of engineering software for internal use and report needs to IT Director
- Coordinate with management staff, support staff, technical personnel, vendors and customers to solve problems as required
- Prepare and solicit proposals for hardware and software solutions on customer projects
- Minimum of five years experience with network systems, protocols, routers, switches, firewalls, and VPN technology or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in a local and wide area network
- MCSA/MCTS or equivalent experience required, MCSE/MCITP required within 6 months of employment required.
- Extensive knowledge of computer network technology
- Working knowledge of server network protocols and Internet/Intranet applications
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Expertise in five or more of the following: Microsoft Active Directory, DNS/WINS/DHCP, VOIP, Office365, VMware ESXi, Routing and Switching, Firewalls
- Proficiency with Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012; Windows XP, 7, 10
- Knowledge of Fiber Optics, T1 s and other interconnect methods and technology
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, IIS and publishing to IIS
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to design and/or build systems and networks
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work with people as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver s license and the ability to qualify for company insurance coverage
- Ability to travel as needed to customer sites to perform onsite technology related work. Estimated to be 25 50%