Sales Engineer - ($120k 1st yr OTE)
My client is looking for a business development manager to cover the Automation customers in the NE territory.
- Responsible for growth and maintenance of business to business sales with both OEMs as well as distributors.
- Increase business account activities, exceptional customer support and the utilization of technical field knowledge.
- Create and Close new business opportunities within defined target markets as we all share expansion within current customer base.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and grow selling relationships with any existing accounts in the territory.
- Define and develop new opportunities to grow scope of business in the automation industry.
- Define target potentials as defined by the pre-determined target markets and score target account opportunities.
- Develop milestones to win opportunities uncovered through the relating and discovery stages of the sales cycle.
- Interacts directly with engineering teams to define and clearly communicate customer requirements.
- Develops, maintains and continually updates market intelligence on major customers and competitors position in the region.
- Responsible for preparing sales forecast for territory and related budgeting for sales expenses for submittal to Director of Sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- An undergraduate degree in business and or engineering preferred but not required.
- At least three years of experience in selling a technical/engineered product.
- Demonstrated distribution experience in the automation industry.
- Experience managing own territory.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills capable of dealing with a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated track record in dealing with senior ranking officials.
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills; proficiency with standard office PC and software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Travel requirement in the NE territory about 60% with occasional travel to SE (Carolinas, FL)