Sales Engineer - ($145k 1st yr OTE)
My client is looking for a business development manager to cover the Automotive customers in the NE/MW (primarily focused in Detroit).
- Responsible for growth and maintenance of automotive business to business sales in designated geographies of Detroit, Chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis, etc.
- Increase Automotive OEM sales volume through a variety of account activities, exceptional customer support and the utilization of technical field knowledge.
- Create and Close new business opportunities within defined target markets as we all share expansion within current customer base.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and grow selling relationships with existing major Tier 1/Tier 2 Automotive accounts in the region.
- Define and develop new Automotive opportunities.
- Define target potentials as defined by the pre-determined target markets and score target account opportunities.
- Develop milestones to win opportunities uncovered through the relating and discovery stages of the sales cycle.
- Interacts directly with engineering teams to define and clearly communicate customer requirements.
- Develops, maintains and continually updates market intelligence on major customers and competitors position in the region.
- Responsible for preparing sales forecast for territory and related budgeting for sales expenses for submittal to Director of Sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- An undergraduate degree in business and or engineering preferred but not required.
- At least three years of experience in selling a technical/engineered product.
- Demonstrated experience with interior design, roll forming, and/or tooling is preferred.
- Established relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills capable of dealing with a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated track record in dealing with senior ranking officials.
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills; proficiency with standard office PC and software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Travel requirement in the NE/MW territory of Detroit, Chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis, etc. With travel of ~60%