Senior Product Manager - San Diego $140K
San Diego, CA
- Major Responsibilities:
1) Play a key role in driving new business opportunities at top tier IC ecosystem partner(s). This position is effectively a technical account management role.
2) Working together with local product marketing, gain a deep/comprehensive understanding of the IC partner' s requirements and provide guidance to internal development teams to develop products/technologies best suited to achieve design approvals in IC reference designs, Eval/Demo board BOMs, and customer specific designs.
3) In collaboration with IC partner, identify new emerging opportunities across various industry segments (Mobile, Compute, Automotive, IOT, etc) and applications (Power, RF Front End, Wireless Charging, Audio, Batteries, 5G mm-wave etc).
4) Help identify gaps in product/technology portfolio (in the context of customer requirements as well competitive landscape), and assist the business unit with portfolio planning, road map definition and competitive analysis
5) Explore, define and negotiate new business models with IC partner, as needed. Drive pricing strategy in coordination with HQ and local marketing.
6) Work with regional sales & marketing to provide global coordination for end-customer (OEM) design-in activity which utilize the IC partner' s chipset(s)
7) Establish and maintain important working and executive level relationships at the IC partner in order to foster deeper collaboration and information exchange. Coordinate account related meetings and conference calls including business alignment discussions, technical workshops, and management meetings as needed.
8) Stay abreast of latest technology trends, IC partner/market developments, industry M&A etc. And provide relevant/timely/strategic feedback and recommendations to HQ management.
Bachelor' s Degree (four year college/university) Required, field of study: Electrical and/or Computer Engineering. Master' s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred but not mandatory.
7+ years of experience in product development and/or product marketing and/or field application engineering in semiconductor industry or mobile device industry. Technical experience with RF front end systems, RF filters and/or RF ASIC' s/Modules is preferred. Travel 20-30%.