Senior Project Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and supervises the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction, making sure that the project gets done on time and within budget.
- Performs inspection responsibilities including renovation and repair work for quality, materials and workmanship of contractor work for new construction including high end street and bridge construction, sanitary sewer lines, water lines, water towers, municipal infrastructure or other public improvement.
- Determines the probable construction cost for various projects.
- Develops, plans, executes marketing, permitting, bidding, and takeoffs.
- Track progress, oversee scheduling, be involved in essential correspondence all stakeholders.
- Responds to phone and in-person informational requests from contractors and the general public regarding sanitary sewer, street, storm water, traffic signals, etc.
- When needed drives to various construction locations and/or work sites to gather on-site information and perform inspections of Civil and private construction as required.
- Manage jobs that range from 100k-30 million which have the possibility of overlapping.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a construction project including planning, organizing and staffing field positions through Division Superintendents
- Recruit, manage, and effectively communicate with subcontractors
- Communicate and assist in enforcing safe working standards on projects
- Collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders and employees including bidding, accounting, human resources, safety, and purchasing
- Create, execute, and modify a construction schedule to meet the project deadline
- Track and report construction project expenses/costs on a daily/weekly basis
- Overall construction project budget management
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for a project
- Ability to communicate relevant project information to upper management team
- Possess a good understanding of construction estimating
- Possess a working knowledge of construction project scheduling software including Microsoft Project, HCSS Heavy Bid and Heavy Job, Primavera, Excel
- Must be fluent with entire Microsoft Office suite
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Willing to be contributing member of construction team
- Manage day-to-day interaction with customers and customer representatives
- Establishes and manages goals set for project alongside company management team
- Communicates effectively with owners to identify and evaluate alternative solutions
- CET Degree is plus.