Software Developer II
To efficiently design, write and test software as required to meet project requirements and assist in maintenance, administration, and expansion of voice/data/video LAN from the PC level up. To
work with technology team to develop procedures and practices to minimize downtime and maximize network applications, efficiency, and services.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Researching, designing, writing and testing new software programs using the Microsoft .NET Platform
- Integrating existing applications (getting different platforms to work together and creating code to link them)
- Maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects
- Assisting in development of software standards and reuse
- Creating technical specifications and test plans
- Leading on-site start-up of new applications
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals
- Consulting clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information
- Problem-solving, ability to work as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project
- Use and create RESTful APIs and SOAP-based web services as needed to facilitate the flow of data between in-house and 3rd-party applications
- Developing mobile apps using HTML5 or native code (i.E. Objective C, Swift)
- Meeting and working with customers to understand requirements for new or existing applications/business processes and then develop applications to meet those requirements
- Developing expertise in and maintain/support 3rd-party applications used by the company as the IT Director may assign
- Network maintenance and troubleshooting from end-user support to core networking components
- Assisting with VOIP infrastructure, phone programming, and maintenance of phone system
- Administering Windows Server infrastructure to assure highly available network systems and application infrastructure.
- Representing the Company solutions/culture/work ethic in all interactions with vendors, customers, potential customers, employees, and potential employees
- Developing high-level expertise in various system software as assigned
- Developing databases using Microsoft SQL Server, including tables, indexes, views, triggers, and stored procedures
- Performing database maintenance and manipulation as needed for special projects, database
- repair, customer data conversions, etc.
- Developing training materials and train employees on applications
- Bachelor s or Associate s degree from a college, university, or trade school in computer science or a closely-related field preferred; or five (5) years of progressively responsible, related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of writing native modules for high-level languages such as Node.Js, Python, jQuery, etc.
- A minimum of three (3) years programming experience using Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, Visual Studio 2010 (or higher), ASP.NET, T-SQL, and SSRS or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Ability to maintain and develop applications within Visual Studio 2010 (or higher)
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012, SQL Server, SQL replication, IIS and publishing to IIS
- Familiar with MySQL, PHP, XAMPP
- Experience developing in a distributed application architecture
- Ability to design and/or build systems and frameworks for internal use
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work with people as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Valid driver s license and the ability to qualify for company insurance coverage