Technical Sales Rep - $120K w/ Car - Houston
JOB DUTIES: * Meet the sales target for their territory on all products.
* Visit customers to demonstrate product and discuss sales opportunities on a daily basis in the assigned territory.
* Work closely with others to coordinate the overall selling efforts of the company.
* Complete, work, review, and improve a Sales Plan that includes an action plan for increasing sales to active customers and prospective customers, scheduling full coverage of the territory, maintaining a high level of in-field time, and continually improving product presentation skills and product knowledge.
* Respond to all customer phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
* Complete timely quotations to customers working through the sales engineers and support staff.
* Use the Company software package for completing daily tasks and management reporting.
* Complete all periodic sales reports, quotations, calendar events, and opportunity management.
* Coordinate sales to key accounts with the regional managers, other sales representatives.
* Prospect and cold call to identify new business opportunities.
* Participate and present in local professional organizations.
* Operate within the Company Code of Ethics policy.
* Learn and implement the Miller Heiman strategic selling methodology.
* Attend sales meetings.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: * Bachelor' s Degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent sales experience is required.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in high end capital equipment sales is required.
* Proven history of sales success is essential.
* Professional selling skills and training are preferred.
* Sales territory management abilities are necessary.
* Must be self-directed, highly motivated, strategic thinker.
* Strong computer skills are essential.
* Good oral and written communication skills are preferred.
* Must be able to travel, approximately 50% travel within a given territory.