Application Development Engineer -- Plastics / Automotive
Our client, a leading Tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, is seeking an Application Development Engineer with extensive plastics or composite material experience within the automotive industry. This company is a world leader in the manufacturing of construction materials, automotive components such as GMT, EPP, and interior decorations, and other plastics products such as packing materials and films.
This role will interface with various groups at the OEMs including Materials Engineering, Design and Release Engineering, Studio and Program Managers. The Application Development Engineer (ADE) will communicate customer and market needs and initiate new application and technology development projects that enhance the value proposition of Company' s products and lead to the achievement of short and long term growth targets.
Develop and leverage engineering relationships with OEM and customer stakeholders to identify and facilitate future growth opportunity.
- Secure new OEM material and performance specification approvals required for current and future use of our products.
- Provide fast and competent technical assistance to customers, account managers.
- Prepare and hold technical presentations for customer.
- Achieve targeted growth of the business via increased penetration of our products into validated applications and translation into new applications and markets.
- Develop marketing and engineering support tools such as application translation guides, product positioning guides and product design guides to assist in the global translation of our product technologies.
- Identify new technology development opportunities via customer needs mapping, competitive assessment, and market related research.
- Bachelor s degree in engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of plastics and composite material (properties, design, molding and finishing process).
- 3+ years experience as a plastic application development engineer or a product engineer at a supplier of automotive plastic parts.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of auto part application performance requirements and physical test methods/standards; and composite part and tooling design relationships.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively make decisions; set clear measurable and aggressive objectives for projects and programs; break complex problems into manageable tasks; and define end dates and meet deadlines is essential.
- Ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter with strong communication skills, both oral and written who demonstrates the ability to influence in a highly matrixed organization.
- Hands-on experience with Structural Analysis, plastic part design, and plastic part tooling.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-directed and team-oriented.