Channel Sales Manager
- Utilize current channel relationships to sell product to third-party integrators and companies within the security industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Initiate sales activity with top-level management at target industry accounts and coordinate cross-functional teams to secure new business.
- Discover and validate key differentiators within target industry accounts.
- Establish contacts, develop relationships and conduct discovery to identify new program opportunities.
- Drive specification for end users and consultants and lead the sales team to drive specification through their supply chain (i.E. OEM' s, architects).
- Alongside the rest of the team, become the subject matter expert (SME) for product & related industries.
- Understand target market product trends and specifications and communicate requirements to product marketing and sales management.
- Participate in important industry events, trade shows and industry specification activities.
- Achieve annual sales budget.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to identify new business.
- Report Monthly on sales/marketing activity.
- Report quarterly on industry trends, competition, and activities.
- Perform other job functions as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or business/marketing with the ability to understand complex technical concepts (preferred).
- At least five years of new channel business development experience in the defined market: Security and Building Automation system solutions for End Users, OEMs, Consultants, and Architects with in-depth knowledge of industry requirements and applications.
- Has proven network and ability to " hit the ground running".
- Past experience selling a small line of security/access control/CCTV/proximity solutions/etc to third-party integrators/security solution providers.
- Past experience in developmental, specification, consultative sales process and demonstrated ability in strategic sales planning/execution.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills capable of dealing with a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to discover customer needs and advocate total cost of ownership advantages and benefits to C-level decision makers.
- Capable of learning products and recommending technical applications to meet customer needs.
- Computer proficiency - knowledge of Security Software preferred.
- Travel requirement up to 50-75%+ nationwide