Director of Materials
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Develop analytical inventory models for each product line in order to establish the target inventory levels for raw material, work in process, and finished goods.
- Manage the development of the production schedule based on MRP action messages/marketing forecast. Plays a lead role in directing the S&OP process.
- Oversee the company-wide supplier management program including supplier development/approval as well as the quarterly supplier scorecards based on quality and on-time delivery. Ensures the selection of suppliers that will be collaborative partners.
- Manage the MRP process. Ensures that the purchasing department procures material based on the MRP output in support of the master production schedule. The delivery quantity/schedule of purchased material must be based on ABC codes/order periods in support of the inventory turn objectives.
- Coordinate the implementation of Engineering Change Orders (ECO s), which includes the rework of affected material and maintenance of outstanding purchase orders.
- Work in tandem with Finance to ensure continuous improvement of inventory accuracy through a cycle count program. This requires a reconciliation of errors and implementation of corrective action. Ensures that the stockroom supervisor publishes a weekly Pareto analysis of cycle count errors.
- In conjunction with the Stockroom Supervisor, ensure that the receiving area is cleared of material on a daily basis and that the material is moved to the correct inventory locations.
- In conjunction with the Shipping Supervisor, ensure that the shipping dock is cleared of outbound material on a daily basis.
- Ensure that accurate standard costs are established for purchased material.
- In conjunction with the Purchasing Manager, coordinate an active effort to negotiate cost reductions in support of PPV objectives.
- Analyze material variances and implements corrective action to achieve budgeted variance reductions.
EDUCATION and SKILLS
- Bachelor' s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 2+ years of Materials management experience.
Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred.
Detail oriented with strong problem solving and time management skills.
Team player able to work effectively with other people.
Self-starter able to work with minimum or no supervision.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in MS Office and inventory management software