Are you ready for the next step in your career? Are you excited to utilize the power of the UltraViolet light spectrum to sterilize water, air and surfaces?
I am looking for an Electrical Engineer who is excited to step into an R&D role with one of the oldest companies in Valencia. You will be able to focus on development, and have the opportunity to apply all of your technical expertise.
Detailed Job Description:
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor s degree in electrical engineering or electronics engineering is required (MS in Electrical Engineering is preferred).
Minimum 7 years of experience in electronic system design, analysis and testing, including power circuits in a manufacturing environment
Minimum 5 years of experience in electronic system and/or electro-optical system design for commercial products
Demonstrated abilities in analog and digital circuit design
Experience with design of feedback control systems using mechanical/optical / electrical sensors
Experience with PCB design software such as Altium Designer, OrCad, or equivalent
Experience with PLC based applications using ladder logic is a plus
Demonstrated abilities in Software coding and debugging (C, C++, Python, or equivalent). LabView experience is a plus
Working knowledge of electro-mechanical power control
Familiarity with hardware/software related to Internet of Things (ioT) is a plus
Experience with regulatory compliance, IEC specifications is preferred
Competence working with standard electronics test equipment, including oscilloscopes, function generators and spectrum analyzers.
Demonstrated ability to perform effective circuit design involving logic and timing, operational amplifiers, filters, switches, basic power conversion, analysis and testing
Hands-on experience in circuit prototyping.
Experience in failure analysis and resolution of electrical assemblies.
Demonstrated computer skills including LabView programming or equivalent, Excel, Microsoft Word, and other Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with electronic simulation software and CAD software is a plus.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Strong problem solving and creative skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
Ability to listen effectively and respond to customers in a manner which meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Creates electronic system specifications, and conducts trade-off studies and analysis of electronic circuits in support of new and existing products.
2. Performs detailed circuit design to support unit specifications and requirements including: schematic development, component selection, PCBA layout, and test.
3. Works effectively and with minimal assistance in creating and evaluating system designs, electrical schematics, Bills of Materials, sketches, and procedures.
4. Analyzes field units and associated field failure data to determine root cause(s) and recommends appropriate corrective action.
5. Utilizes LabView or equivalent programming environment (and associated hardware) to develop and maintain programs which facilitate component and assembly testing.
6. Prepares professional documentation of assignments.
7. Performs soldering and hand assembly to build breadboard prototypes.
8. Performs electrical testing and composes test reports of components, assemblies, and final products.
9. Keeps current on the best applicable technology. Shares information on any relevant technology that may be useful in new or current products.
10. Interfaces with customers as required to support pre- and post-sales activities.
11. Provides technical support to production department.
12. Works effectively in cross-functional teams within the organization.
13. Conducts all activities in compliance with ISO requirements.
14. Travels as necessary, both domestically and internationally.
15. Works effectively within an empowering environment and works toward continuous improvement.