Entry Level Field Engineer ($75K 1st Year) - Detroit, MI
The Field Engineer role exists to provide internal and field based support for a specific division/product line. This role will give the candidate first hand exposure to cutting edge emerging technologies, automation and industries which will define the future of American manufacturing. The ideal candidate should possess a positive attitude, a sharp brain, an appreciation of business development and a sense of urgency as much of their work will be pre-sales orientated. To help guide our customers through the sales process (from application development, online testing and through post-sales follow up), excellent analytical, technical, and communication skills are required as a pre-requisite.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide product and application development support for customers and salespeople.
- Assist customers with the configuration and implementation of our marking products through parameter driven, simple script based and/or high end programming languages.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and support customer issues via phone and/or email.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, requests, and complaints as well as actions taken.
- Provide on-site training, initiate and develop sales relationships with customers.
- Conduct product application testing for customers / salespeople and create proposal reports from the results.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simplified fashion.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Proficient business writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain pleasant interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to organize and prioritize diverse set of projects, tasks, and activities for timely completion.
- Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Physics based background.
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Integrity job requires appropriate handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to travel Typically 4 Days per week.
Bachelor s degree in an engineering discipline and/or 2+ years of experience in a technical support role.
$57, 000 base salary.
~$15, 000 bonus/incentives 1st yr