Field Technical Support Specialist - Orange County
Our client is hiring a Field Technical Support Specialist to provide pre-sales / post-sales support in the following product areas: HPLC, GC, UV-Vis, GCMS, LCMS, FTIR, TOC, AA, ICP, ICP-MS. This is a great opportunity for someone with hands-on experience with these instruments to work in a customer facing setting who would like to advance their career! The employee will be primarily supporting the Orange County Sales Region (secondary will be Greater Los Angeles).
The individual in this position is responsible for providing technical support primarily for the sales territory and secondarily for the region. He or she assists on demonstrations and sales calls, does installations, trains customers and regional personnel as well as help customers adapt methodology for our instruments.
This position is required to assist the sales efforts by installing instruments and training customers in their uses at customer sites. The incumbent must have problem solving skills, which are required to solve customer and regional problems. This position' s primary focus is to provide technical expertise for the selling effort of the region.
- Assist with Demonstrations and sales calls
- Perform Installations
- Help customers adapt methodology for our instrumentation
- Assist the Product Managers in achieving customer satisfaction
- Manage and maintain the regional demonstration inventory
- Assist and consult on regional and customer training
- Assist the Regional Manager as necessary
- Must travel overnight, as the position requires
- Must travel by air and drive as required
Education and/or Experience:
Experience with HPLC is preferred, although experience will be considered in one or all of the following products: LC, LCMS, GC, GCMS. A minimum of a Bachelor s degree in Chemistry, or a closely related field and at least two (2) years of laboratory experience with analytical instrumentation is required.