Function: Enterprise Account Executive / Strategic Account Executive
Job Number: JN -072019-7258
Director of Sales Engineering: Cloud Infrastructure Solutions
Our client is one of the fastest growing start-ups in Silicon Valley helping companies disrupt their traditional IT infrastructure management systems. They are highly regarded for their open source solutions allowing companies to move into a public cloud without any vendor lock-in. This is a tremendous opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company where you can make a difference and be a part of something special!
They are seeking a Global Director of Sales Engineering that will provide leadership, management and direction to the Global team of Solution Architects who support prospects and customers during the sales process. This is a very integral role within a high growth organization. Working closely with the Sales leadership, the leader of Solution Architects will assist with the design and implementation of the mission, strategy, sales process, and tactics for the Global Sales organization. Engagement and collaboration with the Mirantis Global Delivery team, Engineering team, and Partner OEMs and resellers will be critical.
- Lead and direct a team of Solution Architects
- Train, mentor and develop your team.
- Direct and participate in technical sales activities.
- Participate in pre-sales analyses, development of technical content for bids and sales proposals, on-site product presentations, demonstrations, etc.
- Develop and bring forward ideas and opportunities to enable Mirantis to expand and improve its offerings.
- Proven ability to innovate, adapt, and execute in a dynamic environment.
Areas of Focus
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations and share feedback to improve service.
- Team Work - Able to build morale, group commitments to goals/objectives and recognizes the accomplishments of your team, lead by example.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well and inspire respect and trust.
- Provides regular performance feedback.
- Develop your team' s skills and encourages growth.
- Set and achieve challenging goals.
- 5-10 years experience in a customer-facing technical role
- 3-5 years in a customer facing technical management position
- Hands-on proficiency with Linux (CLI)
- Practical understanding of IP networking (L2-L4), including route, switch, load-balancing and firewalls
- Proficiency with at least one scripting/programming language or tool (bash, python, ansible, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and demonstrations
- Ability to be productive in a globally-distributed team
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Practical understanding of distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with:
- Open source software
- Cloud Infrastructure - OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Microservices and/or container frameworks - Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos and adjacent technologies
- Software-defined-networking, virtualization, automated bare-metal provisioning, software-defined-storage, relational and noSQL database, identity and security engineering, architecture or design
- Automation, DevOps and CICD tooling - spinnaker, ansible, puppet, salt, terraform, vault, git, jenkins, gerrit, docker, packer, repository management etc
- Kubernetes experience strongly preferred
- OSS systems for infrastructure monitoring, logging and alerting
- Raised over $200M in just 3 rounds of funding!
- Founded by experienced leaders with great track records
- Leading contributors and experts in multiple open source communities!
- $180, 000 - $220, 000 base salary, commensurate with experience with on target earnings of $300, 000
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k). Benefits start day one!
- Pre-IPO equity/stock within the company
To apply please email Travis.Minor@culvercareers.Com