Manufacturing / Production Manager
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and training to effectively challenge and develop each individual on the production team, ensuring quality, team work, and continuous improvement in their pursuit of both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Establishing and maintaining detailed base line performance criteria for each person and group of people responsible, including adherence to company policies and procedures as well as individual job requirements.
- Communicating expectations to employees. Assign appropriate and challenging tasks, provide necessary information, guidance, and feed-back for each to succeed.
- Training and upgrading.
- Operation Results applicable to the operation i.E. Quality / Scrap, Inventory Control - Accuracy / Order Management, Bill Accuracy, Application of Resources (L&OHD).
- Performance to the customer considering communicated lead time to sales and on time to the customer.
- Financial Performance - budget to actuals within predetermined guidelines.
- Methods Improvement that contribute to overall success of division and customer satisfaction.
- individual and operational accountability - projects and commitments are followed through.
- Work habits indicative of dedication to responsibilities and the company.
- Development of strong internal relationships and respect for others throughout the organization.
- Use of teams to identify and solve problems.
- Development, communication and execution of corporate culture.
- Influence company culture in positive manner.
- Demonstrates ability to use good judgment when making daily, strategic, and difficult decisions regarding the operation.
- Establish plans and strategies that are short term effective and offer long term solutions.
- Personal and operational scheduled are well planned, organized, and executed.
- Effective and timely communication relative to timing of employees performance reviews and counseling.
- Well thought out and executed quarterly planning - defined objectives for quarterly plan.
- Thorough understanding, application, and attention to system planning parameters.
- Ability to recognize problems and develop solutions that prevent reoccurrence.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Tooling, and Maintenance as necessary to assure consistent and efficient production of a quality product.
- Involvement in team building and continuous improvement.
- Set-up and adjust production equipment as needed to assure efficient and quality production.
- Operate production equipment as allowed by schedule.
Required Skills / Experience
- Manufacturing / production management experience within a manufacturing or fabrication environment.
- Metals, fabrication, or welding experience preferred.
- Experience with team coaching/ training/ empowering.
- Track record of success with employee development and engagement.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all skill levels.
- High School Diploma or GED.