Product Manager (~$120k First Yr Comp)
Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Responsible for product innovation and lifecycle management.
- The Product Manager reports to the SVP of Sales & Marketing and will work collaboratively with other groups throughout the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct research on cabinet-level access control needs in a variety of markets that provide revenue and profit growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with various groups to understand market opportunities.
- Help with the development of products that will help strengthen the competitive position in target market segments.
- Collaborate with engineering to deliver products that are easy to use.
- Create go-to-market strategy and deliverables.
- Define overall user experience of products and successful market fit
- Work closely with pricing team to maintain competitive pricing for each market segment.
- Provide input and solutions to merchandising and sales team.
- Develop partnerships with providers, integration partners, and maintain existing relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years technical product management experience.
- Undergrad degree in Engineering (BSEE or Comp Sci prefer) MBA preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of RFID credentials.
- Must have formal product development process experience.
- Success in defining and launching new technology based B2B products.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent presentation and customer facing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Capable of gaining consensus across a wide variety of groups and the ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional analytical skills and time/program management.
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve.
- Preferences - working in a start-up tech solutions company, past knowledge of physical access control/edge devices, knowledge of IoT/software analytics/cloud-based technologies.
- Travel requirement ~30%