Production Manager ($60k Base)
This is an opportunity to lead and manager a growing team in a technical manufacturing setting. Our client has recently expanded their manufacturing to the US and is looking for an experienced manager to guide them forward.
1. To plan and co-ordinate the manufacture of product in a timely and efficient manner to achieve objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as determined by the Manufacturing Manager.
2. To lead and inspire the production team, taking overall responsibility for all aspects of their effective supervision, training, and development. This will include the following:
- conducting regular appraisals and one-to-ones with your first line staff and ensuring they have a clear personal development plan (PDP) and are supported to achieve this;
- mentoring Team Leader on how to manage, appraise and conduct one-to-ones for their staff;
- coaching to ensure all staff have the correct skillset to support their personal and professional development;
- ensure continued multi-skilling of staff to provide maximum flexibility
3. Responsibility for the recruitment of talented production staff within the agreed resource budget
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Flow-line or cellular manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years recent and relevant manufacturing experience;
- Management experience gained within a manufacturing environment;
- Experience of managing teams with tight quality and efficiency parameters;