Los Angeles, CA
My client is looking for a business development manager to cover the Western region.
- Responsible for growth and maintenance of business to business sales in designated geographies.
- Increase OEM sales volume through a variety of account activities, exceptional customer support and the utilization of technical field knowledge.
- Create and Close new business opportunities within defined target markets as we all share expansion within current customer base.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Manages sales to Original Equipment Manufactures (OEMs):
- Develop and grow selling relationships with existing major OEM accounts in the region.
- Define and develop new OEM opportunities in accordance with the Company Target Market Focus and Sales Tool Kit.
- Define target potentials as defined by the pre-determined target markets and score target account opportunities.
- Develop milestones to win opportunities uncovered through the relating and discovery stages of the sales cycle.
- Interacts directly with engineering teams to define and clearly communicate customer requirements in accordance with PDM protocol.
- Develops, maintains and continually updates market intelligence on major customers and competitors position in the region.
- Responsible for preparing sales forecast for territory and related budgeting for sales expenses for submittal to Director of Sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- An undergraduate degree in business and or engineering.
- At least five years of experience in selling a technical/engineered product, where solution selling plays a central theme.
- Demonstrated experience with consultative selling techniques (Example Wilson Counselor Sales Program)
- Demonstrated experience and successes in direct solution selling to major OEM accounts.
- Experienced analysis of and familiarity with target markets, SAM, TAM, Scored Targets etc.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills capable of dealing with a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated track record in dealing with senior ranking officials.
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills; proficiency with standard office PC and software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Travel requirement in the predefined territory up to 50%