My client is looking for a business development manager to cover the East Coast.
- Responsible for growth and maintenance of business to business sales in designated geographies (East Coast).
- Increase OEM sales volume through a variety of account activities, exceptional customer support and the utilization of technical field knowledge.
- Create and Close new business opportunities within defined target markets as we all share expansion within current customer base.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Research, identify and penetrate target industry accounts.
- Initiate sales activity with top level management at target industry accounts and coordinate cross functional teams to secure new business.
- Discover and validate key differentiators within target industry accounts.
- Establish contacts, develop relationships and conduct discovery to identify new program opportunities.
- Ability to become the subject matter expert (SME) for product & related industries.
- Understand target market product trends and specifications and communicate requirements to product marketing and sales management.
- Participate in important industry events, trade shows and industry specification activities.
- Achieve annual sales budget.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to identify new business.
- Report Monthly on sales/marketing activity.
- Report quarterly on industry trends, competition, and activities.
- Perform other job functions as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or business/marketing with the ability to understand complex technical concepts.
- At least five years of new business development experience in the defined market: Security and Building Automation system solutions for End Users, OEMs, Consultants, and Architects with in-depth knowledge of industry requirements and applications.
- Demonstrated experience with consultative selling techniques (Example Wilson Counselor Sales Program)
- Ability to discover customer needs and advocate total cost of ownership advantages and benefits to the C-level decision makers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills capable of dealing with a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated track record in dealing with senior ranking officials.
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills; proficiency with standard office PC and software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Travel requirement in the predefined territory, up to 50-75%