Service Technician ($50K 1st year)
Service Technician ($50K)
Troubleshoot and repair air compressors, air dryers (regenerative and refrigerated), auto drains, flow controllers, vacuum pumps, and blowers
Pressure wash (where possible) and effectively clean the customer' s entire equipment pad including skids, coolers, concrete, tanks, etc.
Accurately communicate with the customer and Service Manager regarding all services performed and clearly present all options for any required repairs, upgrades, or other customer needs
Completely fill out all work orders, start-up forms, warranty forms, oil sample forms, and parts return slips
Train and assist other Service Technicians
Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal and protective equipment at all times
Participate in a rotating 24/7/365 on-call pool with other Technicians as scheduled by the Service Manager
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- A main responsibility of this role is to troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment.
- Prior to and following preventative maintenance and repairs, they are responsible to test and document the proper operating parameters of the compressor.
- Should display the ability to absorb a higher level of learning, through continuous on the job and classroom training which includes Variable Speed Drives, refrigeration, industrial networks, remote monitoring, and air audits.
- Provide high standards of exceptional service to clients and internal support.
- Responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations within a timely manner.
- Guarantee returned business by developing rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required with technical training in electrical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics preferred.
- Minimal of 2 years of strong mechanical and electrical experience with demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of industrial equipment, including electrical, hydraulics and/or pneumatics.
- Experience in HVAC is a plus, compressor experience strongly desired.
- Valid Driver' s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUIs in previous 5 years.
- Able to work independently with strong self-management and professionalism.
- Able to complete work within assigned deadlines.
- Computer proficiency as required for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers.
- Available for a rotating schedule of on-call work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Overnight travel up to 20% is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. On a regular basis and work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
Decision making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
Able to multi task activities with shifting priorities