Solana Beach, CA
A growing and dynamic multi-brand, multi-site, luxury tour operator is looking to recruit a Systems Administrator, based in Solana Beach, California. Salary is according to experience, plus great benefits.
Reporting to Head of Business Technology, the role s primary responsibility will be to provide 1st and 2nd line of IT support (and often 3rd) to the company s users and assist in the installation, configuration, management and support of all software and hardware systems.
The role is hands-on and diverse, so each day is never the same. It often involves project work. We are looking for; an aspiring and experienced IT professional with 3-4 solid years of work experience in IT, college graduate with strong interpersonal skills, technical knowledge, creative problem solving, and reliable organizational skills. The role will be well suited to a supportive and friendly Network Administrator with excellent communication skills, who has already accumulated some work experience in a support centric/network administrator role and is looking for its next role to grow their technical skillset, with an established yet dynamic company with impressive business growth and future prospects.
You will be working as part of a team of 4 IT professionals and 6 developers who are based between our two UK offices. As is usual in the industry, you will occasionally be required to work out of hours, according to the business needs and the role may include some overseas travel.
The company s IT network is modern, and it is using the following systems and technologies.
1. Windows 2012 R2/2008 R2 servers (AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO, DFS)
2. Windows 10 workstations in an AD domain environment
3. Microsoft Office 2016
4. Exchange 2010
5. Mitel VOIP Telephony system
6. Disk based backup and DR platform
7. Web Proxy server, Antispam platform, Antivirus, Remote Access, IIS
9. SQL Server 2012 R2/2008 R2
10. Bespoke CRM and .Net apps
The candidate is expected to be skillful in most of the above systems, beyond just basic understanding and familiarization. This is a key requirement. Training on bespoke systems will be provided. SQL Server knowledge and strong VMWare is not essential.
Abilities and skills:
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously (but able to ask for help when needed!)
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (you will be using the phone extensively)
- Be friendly, supportive and helpful to all internal users
- Ability to assess and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Work as part of a team in demanding situation with the ability to maintain composure and sense of humor!
- Have an attitude of nothing is too much trouble and able to show respect to others.