Technical Sales - Entry Level ($80k)
Cedar Rapids, IA
Technical Sales Trainee - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our client is a multi-billion dollar leader in the Industrial Automation industry who prides themselves on innovation and their in depth sales training. The TECHNICAL SALES DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM is the premier opportunity for you to learn consultative, solution-based sales.
Sales professionals work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, while three days a week they visit manufacturers in a sales territory so that they can consult face-to-face on solving customers critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend product and application training at our Career Development Institute.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our products and applications through classes, seminars, and on-the-job training.
- Work with experienced salespeople to develop sales skills through real life examples and role-plays.
- Satisfactorily complete mentorship program providing sales training and an overview of our clients culture of success.
- Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using company products.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to corporate expectations and the challenges customers present you.
- Travel to customer locations three days a week and work successfully in a wide variety of manufacturing environments.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Four-year college degree.
- Interest and aptitude to master highly technical products.
- Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to success.
- Willingness to travel, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- $55k base + variable income