Are you looking for a company that cares about people s lives and health, including yours? Our client makes people s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We re currently looking for a Technical Sales Representative to join us in the Richmond, VA area.
Let s inspire healthier lives, together.
Our product solutions include industrial microscopes, ultrasonic testing equipment, analytical instruments, and other related technologies. Technical Sales Representatives are responsible for developing a sales strategy for a defined territory, implementing the sales plan, promoting and demonstrating the company' s products and services, with the goal of attaining a sales target. The Technical Sales Representative II will be responsible for knowing the technical features of all of the products within their product line and be able to effectively demonstrate the products to the customer. In addition to technical knowledge, the incumbent will also be responsible for knowing how to perform and manage the selling process of a technical selling cycle. Since this is an outside sales position, the Technical Sales Representative II will be expected to travel the majority of the time to meet customers for the purpose of product demonstrations and selling product. The NDT Technical Sales Representative serves as technical expert and solution provider great at convincing customers to use our products. These nondestructive testing instruments are used to inspect critical equipment in a variety of industries. The incumbent will spend time creating a complete solution for customers across a wide variety of industries and applications. He/She will have expertise in product applications, equipment demonstrations, and creating a value proposition is critical for our customers. The incumbent must have an entrepreneurial drive to target, educate, and persuade customers to use our innovative product solutions. He/She will know when and how to introduce other technical experts and industry specialists to our customers as part of a strategy to win. Our products are well known within key industries that require high quality, high value, and reliable instrumentation for their critical applications. This is a position for people who want to exceed their career and financial goals.
A typical day for you will include:
* Proactively scheduling sales calls with potential customers to demonstrate the value of our products
* Managing customer relationships at all levels and departments to maximize customer spending.
* Maintaining a high level of customer activity to maximize the sales pipeline and increase closing percentages.
* Creating and executing focused industry and account specific sales campaigns.
* Leading the strategic and tactical selling plan for converting customers to our products and solutions.
* Using the technical specialists and market specialists in a creative way to demonstrate to customers our solutions and support are the best choice.
* Creating and implementing a sales growth plan for the assigned territory and accounts.
* Continuously learning new sales skills, product applications, and territory management techniques.
* Bachelor s Degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience is required.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in high end capital equipment sales or similar selling skills and training is desired.
* Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time in the territory.
*Ability to understand how industrial machinery and manufacturing works to be able to solve customer application problems is necessary
* Experience with nondestructive or analytical instruments preferred.
* Ability to create and deliver persuasive, clear, and concise presentations, product demonstrations, and emails to various audiences is essential.
* Must be highly proficient with MS Office products, email and other communication techniques, and CRM systems.
* Ability to learn instrument software and interface with customer systems is essential.
* Must be self-directed, highly motivated, and business oriented.
* Proven history of success in a business to business environment necessary.
* Professional selling skills and training.
* Sales territory management abilities.
We realize work isn t just a job to you.
It s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services