Technical Sales Representative
Long Beach, CA
Successful, Environmental Company offers an exciting opportunity to be a Technical Sales Representative. This position will develop and grow the Long Beach territory through new business development.
Education and Experience:
* B.S. In Business or related professional qualification preferred or equivalent experience selling in the environmental industry
* 2-5 Years minimum Experience in related sales role selling to oil and gas companies or in the environmental industry
* General knowledge of air requirements preferred
* Experience with MSA and contracts preferred as well
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Always striving to increase sales in particular market discipline/niche
* Builds and maintains rapport with clients and customers
* Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales opportunities
* Reviews proposals for accuracy and cost effectiveness
* Responsible for business development and generation of new sales opportunities
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies; establishing contact within regulatory agencies and industry specific networks.
* Ability to present material, public speak in small or large groups, and explain company capabilities and what company can offer
* Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to company
* Assists customer with questions and compliance matters; recognizes customer need and offers pinpointed solutions; follows up to ensure successful outcome
* Meets regularly with environmental treatment specialists to review opportunities, leads, and proposals and help build employee skill set and knowledge
* Continuously reviews processes, methods and works appropriately with pertinent departments to brainstorm and improve organizational effectiveness
* When necessary assist on SOPs (standard operating procedure) and be able to modify and make improvements to existing SOPs.
Perks of the job:
* $60K-80K salary + uncapped bonus (first year on target earnings will be in the $90K- $110K range)
* Company car, great benefits, 401K, etc.